As part of the larger AIA Group, AIA Australia is part of the world’s largest independent, publicly listed pan-Asian life insurance groups. Formerly known as AIG Australia, the company changed its name to AIA Australia Limited when it split from the US-based AIG to become a part of the AIA Group in Asia.
In 2011, the company reported figures that identified them as the fastest growing life insurer in the market:
- AIA provides financial protection for almost 30% of Australia’s labour force with over 2.5 million customers.
- In 2011, AIA paid an average of $1.7 million in claims every day – that’s $445 million per year. AIA has over 24 million in-force policies.
- With a strong commitment to providing innovative products at competitive prices, AIA Australia regularly updates their products to maintain their competitive rates and to reflect the changing needs of Australians.
AIA Australia can help with:
Help protect your family with the financial support they’ll need when you’re no longer around.
Total and Permanent Disablement (TPD)
Pays a benefit if you are no longer able to work because of an injury or illness.
Crisis Recovery (Trauma)
Helps ease the financial burden should you be unfortunate enough to suffer a traumatic event, such as a critical illness or injury.
If you develop a disability due to illness or injury, Income Protection cover can replace your monthly income so you can focus on recovering without having to worry about your bills.
Why choose AIA Australia?
With the backing of the larger pan-Asian AIA Group, AIA Australia benefits from having greater financial stability and the growth potential of emerging markets around the world. Along with an A+ Standard and Poors rating, AIA demonstrates financial strength and a reliable longevity for the company in Australia.
AIA Australia has also been widely recognised for the strength and quality of their products and in 2012, AIA were awarded:
- ANZIIF 2012 Life Insurance Company of the Year award
- 2012 Financial Review Smart Investor Blue Ribbon – Winner – Life company of the year
- 2012 Financial Review Smart Investor Blue Ribbon – Winner – Income protection insurance
- 2012 CANSTAR Outstanding Value Life Insurance
- 2012 CANSTAR Outstanding Value Income Protection
- Money Management’s 2012 Adviser Choice Risk Awards – Winner – Best Business Overheads product